Interested in The "Fix and Flip" Market?
Overview of the Fix and Flip process...
1. Order a dumpster for the next ten days and get your demolition man to throw out everything including the kitchen sink. In other words, clear the decks.
2. After the house is cleared of debris, it’s time to patch and paint. Let your painters caulk and blast the place with their airless paint-spraying arsenal inside and out. Within three days, you’ll have added a huge improvement to your investment. This is the biggest dollar-for-dollar return you can make. Make sure that quality low VOC paint is used.
3. After the painters leave, the flooring guys can lay tile and carpet, which will take two to three days.
4. Next bring in the cabinet installers, handyman and plumber.
5. Last comes light fixtures, vanities, toilets, sinks, doors, switch plates and outlet covers.
Of course, this is only a general overview and does not address exterior projects such as landscaping, fencing and roofing or replacing old windows and adding energy efficiency improvements. Note, your selection of paint color and fixtures is important. They should be in line with the most current trends. If you are embarking on your first project, I would recommend hiring a professional contractor to assist you. And, of course, when your project is complete, you should list your property for sale with an experienced, reputable real estate professional! Such as myself, of course!