Creating curb appeal is very important when selling a home. Great curb appeal entices Buyers to come inside the home. Did you know that Buyers typically do a “drive-by” before asking their Realtor to schedule an appointment to see inside? If a home’s curb appeal is average or below average Buyers will many times take that home off their list. Here are a few things that you can do to spruce up the exterior of your home before putting it on the market.
1) Power-wash the outside of the home. If the home has loose, peeling or cracking paint, you will want to have the exterior painted. Power-wash the windows outside and also clean them on the inside.
2) Cleanout gutters and replace any section in disrepair.
3) Rake up leaves and dead vegetation and dispose of it.
4) Keep the lawn mowed. Make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly.
5) Get rid of weeds and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks.
6) Trim back unruly, unkempt bushes.
7) Plant a section of colorful annuals near the front door.
8) If needed, update your front door by painting it or replacing it with an updated style.
This list of exterior maintenance items can be done whether or not a home is for sale. Many homeowners routinely take care of items such as these as part of their Spring cleaning.